Four Simple Steps for Digital Outreach
Here are outreach ideas we can use during this season of life and beyond.
Pause, Pray, Prepare
- Ask God to open doors and to send laborers for the sake of people knowing Him (Matthew 9:35-38).
- Ask God to give you boldness in this time (Colossians 4:2-4).
- Pray for our country, our world, and for those that are vulnerable in this time - medically, economically, mentally, and spiritually.
- Pray for God's peace, mercy, and love for Ohio State, Columbus, and beyond.
- Download "Sent" digital flier based off of Heather's material to help as a reminder and guide. -Flier 1 and Flier 2
Share the Gospel
- Here are three simple ways to share the good news of teh Gospel with those around you. Even better, they are all digital resources.
- 1) GodTools App - download the app and take a step of faith
- 2) Perspective Cards App - download the app and invite someone into a conversation about their spiritual views
- 3) Falling Plates Video - read the simple outreach instructions, send someone the video, and ask questions
3. Continue the Conversation
Encourage peers into further conversation.
Use the Walk Podcast developed by the Thompson Institute, a program of Cru at Ohio State. Send an episode to a friend, ask them to listen, and then ask their thoughts. Most episodes feature Ohio State professors and there is a good chance that those you engage with will have had one of the professors. It's a great way to start a conversation!
4 . Care
Invite others into your life
Continue to pray for friends, family, and those in your sphere of influence. Even take a step to ask, here is a great question from Heather Holleman, "I'm in a fresh season of prayer. Do you have any prayer requests I might commit to pray for?
Also take time to ask questions, here are some great questions to get to know someone!
Social Media & Cru Digital Ministry ToolKit
Use your Social Media presence for the greatest of goods. Check out these ideas or come up with your own plan to initiate the conversation on social media: